Saturday, February 17, 2007

Just got back from St. Louis...

We had a great time in St. Louis. We got some much needed r & r. Deidra and I spent most of Friday night shopping at the mall, and came back to the hotel for some late night pool time and well deserved hot tub time. The kids had a blast in the pool. Taylor almost has the underwater swimming thing down. Just like his dad did at his age...learning how to swim using a diving mask.In this pic the kids and Deidra are looking at some weird ball slide contraption at the Science Center. Lots of cool stuff for the kids to see. We learned a heck of a lot about plastic in some sort of program. I never knew what the triangle and the number on plastic bottles and such was for...now I do.
These pics were taken at the Science Center. In the top pic above, the kids are putting together their very own "St. Louis Arch". In the bottom pic above...pure satisfaction after the destruction.
Here, we are in what appears to be our own space craft of some kind. We look as if something went way wrong and we are fighting to get control of the ship. All was not lost as RaeAnn pulled the correct switch bringing us to a safe and secure landing.
You may be thinking...."nah...they can't be at the...zoo?" but in fact we are. We decided to head to the zoo and check out the penguins and polar bears in a more comfortable climate they are more used to. They were more active than I've ever seen them in the summer. I will definitely go back in the winter again. It was awesome!
This was just the beginning for us this year. We made the final payment on our car and consolidation loan Friday afternoon. For the first time, we didn't have to worry so much about money during a fun trip. We took the kids to the "Build a Bear Workshop" at the zoo and had them go nuts. Taylor made a tiger that he named "Bryant"...can you believe that! Tears at my heart strings. RaeAnn made a polar bear named Kellie. Taylors tiger is sporting a St. Louis Cardinals jersey complete with baseball pants and stirrups. Ray's bear is sparkling in a complete pink ballerina outfit.
I can tell this year is going to be our best year yet!

No comments:

Jeez....I need to update this blog eh???

Ok, so I keep saying I will update this thing, and I don't.  I HAVE BEEN ONE BUSY SUCKAFOO!  A quick overview: Our tomato plants grew ...