Monday, August 07, 2006

Starting to get the weight down



As all of you know, the Bryant of 1997 looked a bit different from the Bryant of 2006. Well its time to change all of that. For those of you who don't believe I can do it, join the long line and prepare to be wrong. For those of you who know I can, thank you. For those of you who are skeptical, I can understand. For one, not many people have the willpower to quit an addiction. Smoking has always been the main thing most smokers never seem to kick. As a matter of fact the percent of smokers trying to quit is about 49% in men and 47% in women. The failure rate is mind boggling! Only 4% of those trying to quit actually do it. Most of you know I smoked from my early teens and well into early adulthood. Started for the same reason everyone else does. In my Late 20's I decided it was enough. I am happily one of the 4%. I must say that quitting was hard, and I do miss it at times, but the cravings are no longer there. I miss the smoker camaraderie more than anything else. If you are a smoker, it feels as though you are part of a secret society. No matter where you went, all you needed was a cigarette, and the smoker next to you was a friend. I quit one of the hardest things to quit and never looked back.

I will post my decline as the big man, to the normal stud that I used to be...lol.
I started the exercise and nutrition program a couple weeks ago.
At my biggest I was 265. As of last Tuesday my weight was 252.5.
I weigh in again on Wed. I will post my weight then.

Your prayers are appreciated during this life change that I have presented myself. I have hella willpower and will not falter. I have dubbed this trial of life as "Getting into Colorado shape!" By the time Deidra and I move, I plan to be at the weight I was when I left. 200 even. 13.5 lbs. down...52.5 to go. I am shooting for at least 1 lb. a week. Im excited at the loss so far but also realize that the first 3 weeks is pretty deceiving. You should only lose about 1 lb a week to be safe and you HAVE to exercise, which is many weight losers problem. That's why they are all mushy. I have my plan of attack and can't wait for both physical and health results.

No comments:

Jeez....I need to update this blog eh???

Ok, so I keep saying I will update this thing, and I don't.  I HAVE BEEN ONE BUSY SUCKAFOO!  A quick overview: Our tomato plants grew ...