Friday, April 13, 2007

DenverDawg is COACH!





Last night I went to my first coach's meeting and got our equipment for the season. I have to admit I had butterflies! I am truly blessed to be the coach of not only my son but of my sisters boys. They are all best of friends and are looking forward to playing on the same team. The teams were all selected by the league this year so unfortunately I didn't get to pick my team name. To my surprise I was given my team roster with my team name in bold letters on the top of the roster: "Mets"! Now I am not a MLB Mets fan at all, but I got chills and flashbacks of my little league days with all my good friends that I grew up with: EJ, T, Zach and my best friend CJ. One season, we were the Mets. What a crazy and wonderful coincidence! Needless to say my son is stoked as well. I will need to give "Coach Johnson" up in my mile high hometown a ring a ding and get some practice pointers. This is my first year coaching baseball, and I have no idea what the drills should be. You would think that as long as I played the game and as much as I loved the game growing up I would have it easy as coach. Truth is, I have no clue how to coach baseball I just know how to play it. My dad will be assistant coach of the team and I'm sure he will help me a bunch. The son and dad duo! I'm sure I will take it on pretty smooth but I have butterflies none the less.

GO METS!

No comments:

Jeez....I need to update this blog eh???

Ok, so I keep saying I will update this thing, and I don't.  I HAVE BEEN ONE BUSY SUCKAFOO!  A quick overview: Our tomato plants grew ...