Saturday, December 08, 2012

Another year coming to a close.....

We just returned from our annual Branson Silver Dollar City Light Festival.  It was a hard thing to accomplish this year due to the fact that Deidra has no PTO saved up from her new job as of yet and I just started my new job Monday.  We bit our lips, rounded up the kids, hopped into the car and made a 12 hour journey to Missouri just to hang out for two full days and hop into the car for the 12 hour journey back to our new hometown.  Twas quite the haul, but worth every minute to be able to see our families and enjoy the traditional holiday event that we have come to love and look forward to.  Next year we should be ready to make the haul again and we be able to stay much longer.  None the less, we are approaching Christmas and are gearing up for our first New Year in the mountains.



Snow on the way!  Tonight I hear.  Should reach Missouri next week in the form of a cloudy, rainy and icy day or two.  Can't say I'll be missing that much.



For those of you star gazers out there....you will be happy to know that the "Geminids" will be blazing up the sky and it is supposed to be a doozy.  You should be able to see 120 or more "falling stars" every hour on the peak night of December 13th!  Click (HERE) to learn more.  Also wanted to mention some pretty crazy news I found out.  A HUGE comet is going to make its 1st known appearance to our little planet next year fall/winter.  Apparently it is the biggest, brightest ever to have been seen historically and is going to be brighter than the moon in our sky as it passes by.  Want to see what I am talking about I have included a link if you click (HERE) that will take you to a page that will go into details about this once in a lifetime extraordinary stellar event!

In other news:  It appears that a local weather man mistakenly predicted a massive tornado in Oakland due to the sucking noises coming from that area...found out in fact that that was just the Raiders team...they SUCK!  We beat the Raiders...again....no shocker here.  I was a little confused that they were still even an NFL team.  What do they call their home stadium again?  Oh yea...the "Bung Hole".  Anyway.......we used them to "pad the stats" so to speak...on to next week!

Go Broncos!

No comments:

Jeez....I need to update this blog eh???

Ok, so I keep saying I will update this thing, and I don't.  I HAVE BEEN ONE BUSY SUCKAFOO!  A quick overview: Our tomato plants grew ...